Monday, October 28, 2013

SAYING GOODBYE

I never wanted a party...never wanted attention....wanted to slip away quietly with life continuing to run on its normal crazy tempo. NOT going to happen. Father Raymond told me..."You have no choice...the boys want a party". For them....that is the ONLY reason...for them alone, I agreed.

Nicholas presenting an AMAZING parting gift of a painting
(They know I ride Bodas all day every day) 

Saying goodbye to my friends

Dan presenting me with a choice of his beautiful works
as a parting gift

It turned out to be one fun event after another...my last week and days were a celebration of life....celebration of love and communion....nothing sad... no gooey goodbyes or sadness...just plain old FUN and JOY! It was perfect!

Marty's scrubs to the Muzees

They have been bugging me for their
"uniforms" 

Father Raymond arranged the party at the boys plans and request. They were the ones who planned it all...from the DJ to the dances they made up...the new songs to sing about our time together...the pictures and paintings...the letters and hugs...the laughter and review of fun memories....the good food and the CAKE!

The mood of my last goodbye to my helpers

Silliness till the end!

I laughed and smiled...I felt an outpouring of LOVE and no sadness....it was the best send off and will stay in my heart and soul forever. I had so many people telling me "You are Ugandan now...you are a part of us". What an amazing thing to hear.

My other boys...they will all make it! 

Sister Hilda who never gave up on trying to teach me
Luganda (though I was the worst student) 

Douglass walked me out that night...He turned to me and said..."Did you notice that there were no tears?" I commented that it was the best party ever and I was surprised that I did not cry, nor did anyone else. Douglass chuckled and shook his head. He looked down smiling and softly said..."No one cried, not even me...we all know you will be back. The kids know you will be back" He looked up and met my gaze. We both just quietly nodded knowing this to be true.

Some party scenes 

Seated for mass..

Brother Gabriel's speech 

I got a seat up front to see all the action! 

The boys worked hard all week on their dance moves 

Sibiri break dancing for me! 

We all had fun! Westby (in red) is the MC

A never will happen again thing...Carol being asked to come up
to dance with the kids. Alex is to my R

A parting gift of a Ugandan child to remember them all by 

The traditional cake cutting 

All the kids signed the back

making it look like an art project in itself 

My last gesture of service...serving the kids lunch 

Saying goodbye (for now) to the staff

No comments:

Post a Comment