Wednesday, June 5, 2013

POST ILLNESS FLOOR AND PLAN REVIEW

I felt like things were finally coming together...the floor was in and as soon as I was well enough, I came to check it out....YES...PERFECT, BEAUTIFUL! The people who have donated for this cause can truly know that they will be creating miracles!

Brian and I standing on the new floor

IT IS PERFECT!

MATCHES ALL...

I immediately started on the check off list:

* Go to Kalalemwa to light a fire under their "tushies" so to speak and hammer down about my equipment not being done despite the fact the delivery date was supposed to be mid January

* Find material for curtains and have them made

* Call the carpenter to re-hang the door and cut it down to fit... in addition to starting to build the remaining equipment I needed (balance beams that can function as a long stool when put together; a versatile standing post..can't explain...you'll have to wait and see it; scooter boards, the board for the sensory swing...etc"

* Call the Mason to install the bolt for the sensory swing in addition to: fixing the leak in the sink, fix the broken tile in the bathroom, re-adjust the ramps to match the new floor height; install a grab bar by the toilet.

* Call the painter to fix the mess the tiler made on the walls when removing the door, to fix a peel in the paint, to paint around the top of the floor skirt

* Call the welder to start on the adjustable height table that can move through the doorways (idea in my head) and to start on a mat table

* Find a mirror guy to cut and install mirrors on the wall

OFF I went....I got as far as finding the curtain material and a seamstress (the shop owner's mother) in the same shop and having the curtains made THANK YOU ROBIN BUSH for donating to have the curtains made!! THEY ARE LOVELY!

The only ones that had the green that matches

Will work perfect!

...had the back room repainted (the paints never match despite buying the same color) and the skirt painted. Found and ordered the mirror and arranged delivery. Met with the welder and drew out plans for the adjustable table. I even met with Victor at Katalemwa re the equipment (not done, stuff not built to the specs I had given and stuff missing) UGH! BUT...he is the orthotist...he is the one who can come to Busega and do the splint work so the kids don't have to be carted all the way there! It was an opportunity for him and as a result, he said he would take charge of my order and personally make sure it would get done (You scratch my back, I scratch yours) Hey, works for me.

I was going along my merry way with plans in hand, appointments made and a serious drive to finish in 3 weeks time...never suspecting something was brewing...


Then....IT HIT!!!! (see next blog entry for details)




No comments:

Post a Comment