Thursday, June 20, 2013

THANK YOU DONORS AND CMMB!

I have no words to THANK everyone who has donated to this Physical Therapy room project. I can honestly say, BLESSINGS are forthcoming....Father Raymond (our resident Holy man) said Mass for all of you this week and for the Hayden family today....when HE prays, things happen! There is not one person who has helped who will not experience the flow of returning blessings in THIS lifetime, as Father Raymond likes to say.

BEFORE: the cracked red cement, dirty white walls,
lights dangling from wires, clutter

Right now, I am trying to push through the remaining projects:
The one's done in the last 2 weeks are....

* Curtains: DONE
* Door locks changed: DONE
* Ramps re-done to fit the new floor height: DONE
* Grab bar by the toilet installed: DONE
* Door cut down to meet the new floor height: DONE
* Leak in the sink fixed: DONE
* Custom table built and painted: DONE

BEFORE: The back room (AFTER I moved out the
junk stacked floor to ceiling) 


BEFORE: Adult height urinals

BEFORE: The original double sink in the bathroom
NOW....today...I had planned to have 4 contractors here to do the following:

* Install the heavy duty anchor through the roof for the sensory swing and then waterproof over this 
* Install the 3 heavy mirrors
* Re-set the door that was removed as the hinges do not match up
* Replace the front door flap/latch to prevent the kids from crawling through the hole into the PT room
* Installing the wood portion of my custom table top 
* Installing the replacement lock for the door to the ramp (that the tile guy threw away)
* Drilling a hole in the 2 metal plates for the ceiling anchor

AFTER: The new tile; light fixtures; mural and soft paint; windows painted to
match the mural

AFTER: The curtains!

OK...they were ALL supposed to be here at 10 AM...it is near 2 PM and only 1 of the 4 showed up. I am trying not to get frustrated...I need to pick up the equipment from Katalemwa next week and need all this done before then. Today, I am not coping well. 

AFTER: Robert installing the grab bar by the toilet

AFTER: Alfred painting the custom adjustable table

AFTER: Godfrey posing with his custom table

AFTER: The lowered urinals for the boys with
grab bars 

I know I need to trust that God will do this on HIS time....I decided it was a good time as a result to catch up on the blog. Trust...not an easy thing for me...this is probably one of many, many more lessons I will need to go through. UGH. 

AFTER: the single sink; newly painted frames and
the railing on the ramp

AFTER: The adjusted ramp height with railings

AFTER: The door that doubles as a railing;
the new sink in the gym
AFTER: The pretty blue green back room with
mirrors waiting to be hung
OK....2 more of the contractors showed up....The mirror man (Jamile) just called and said he cannot be here until tomorrow (at least he was honest so I wasn't wasting my time waiting); Alex the carpenter showed up at 3:30 though promised to be here at 1 PM (was on his way at 1:30 PM; YA right!)....Robert was not long before then but had a better excuse as Fr Raymond needed him most of the day....We measured inside and on the roof to locate where to sink the I bolt ONLY to find out the Monastery "borrowed" my drill today (the one Laine Smith purchased for us) without letting me know...OK...I WILL NOT SCREAM I WILL NOT SCREAM....everyone plans to come "tomorrow" We shall see...if God is willing...and He is not up there snickering at me saying "Let's just see how far we can push her" 

Well...it worked...I am fully in the HUMAN mode today! 

1 comment:

  1. Good job Carol. I may be coming to volunteer in September and I have a few questions. Would you mind emailing me? loganpatricia84@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete