Thursday, June 27, 2013

MAKING DREAMS COME TRUE

I have 3 talented young men who are singer-songwriters and who have already produced several songs. Given that they have no money, having anything produced is via the graciousness of Fr Raymond and his donors. The boys have recently produced a song and have been begging for a music video to go along with it. The cost is just too much...about 175.00 USD
Phillip

I have been able to make a few slideshows to music and have offered to try and produce something for the boys. We spent time looking over the lyrics and talking about what they want the video to look like and what message they would like to convey. The boys have not been involved with this side of the production before and I felt it was important for them to learn and develop as artists.
Henry
Rogers

We did several "shoots" including their dancers before I was waylaid with illness and buried in construction. They are ever patient. I would apologize for the tardiness and they would smile and say "It's OK Sister Carol, we know you are busy, we appreciate anything you can do" Phillip especially would have sad eyes through his smile. They are so gracious and patient, so non expecting and so appreciative that it was breaking my heart.

Christine's son Dennis and I 

I decided enough was enough. I knew I did not have the time to put into the project and would need to hire someone. I was wary about hiring a stranger as Fr Raymond said the last time he hired someone to do this, they ran off with the boys music and lyrics producing it as their own. Father was rightfully cautious to say the least.

"Westby" in front (singer/dancer) along with Dennis (middle)
 and Effie (Videographer)

I had lunch with nurse Christine and her husband and son, Dennis. Dennis just happens to be in the TV/Music arena. Just so happens that he knows a videographer who works for the UN and produces documentaries. HOW perfect!

Filming in the PT room 

They were on the spot! They came to chat last Sunday and ended up doing all the shooting as well. I was able to give the footage I already had and today we get to edit the first cut! They boys are ecstatic!!! THIS is their dream...how lucky again am I that I can help make some dreams come true!

Performing at an event

Singing with Passion!

1 comment: