Monday, May 20, 2013

THE PROFESSION

One of the biggest events that are held here are when Senior Novices move up to professed Brothers. This time there were 3...Brother Julius, Brother Antone and Brother Festus (my dear friend). They again go all out for this but cannot do so without the help and donations from the community. The celebration is akin to a HUGE wedding feast. I have to say, once again, I have never seen a bunch of men decorate the entire place so beautifully!

Sister Rose cleaning 

The cooks prepping a FEAST

Last minute signs 

carrying in the decor

wiping the red dust OFF the chairs 

The isle

many helpers make light work 

Senior Novice, Brother Gabriel 

The altar

Even Fr Henry is working 

The flowers were beautiful 

Carrying the sacred items out to the altar

The whole community is invited not only for the profession, but for the feast following as well. The Bishop, the Pope's representative (I forgot the exact title), the local priests in the area and of course Fr Henry and Fr Raymond all preside over Mass.

The guests are arriving 

The sisters 

The altar dancers 

The Bishop 

The Pope's representative 

Br Festus and his family 

Following Mass is the feast and then the celebration. The celebration is HUGE...dancing from the kids, from local dancers, musicians and comedians, skits and we can't forget cake!!!! Many speeches, lots of hugging, lots of smiling. Families are present to witness such a great event.

Crowds gathering for the entertainment

The cake cutting (Bro Antone cutting
Bro Julius to his L)

Bro John Reddy and a few brothers goofing
with the girl dancers

Henry (L) and Phillip (R) from Busega
singing one of their produced songs

Nurse Christine (teaches the brothers nursing) and I with Bro Festus
She is soon to save my life 

I was exhausted afterwards, I can't imagine how the newly professed Brothers felt! I was glad to have been there to experience this and I will continue to pray for my 3 dear friends who are now officially "Blue Shirts.

No comments:

Post a Comment