Saturday, May 4, 2013

DOUGLASS, THE MO's BIRTHDAY!

We had to come up with something for Douglass' birthday as soon as I returned. The kids were excited about helping, so we created a treasure hunt around Busega as a surprise. I put the kids in charge of decorating his office while I ran out to get cake and some other things.

Giving last minute instructions to the kids before leaving to
get the cake (were they listening?) 

Robin, my indispensable "personal assistant"/
boda driver with Oscar

I put Brian in charge of the camera while I was away. It is always interesting to see what shows up on a camera when left in the hands of a group of 10-14 yr olds. Robin, my "personal assistant" helped keep the kids in check while I ran around planting the clues and surprises. I thought you'd enjoy seeing what views I got when I downloaded the pictures....made me chuckle. 

I see you!

Oscar with my helmet (with broken visor)


Sibiri


Brian and Sibiri

WOuld have been funny if it was clear!





All the decorations were at "kid height" 



Gotta have the self portrait
Brian in full form

All worked out lovely and I think Douglass had a good time, though he missed lunch as he was bent on finding all the 10 hidden clues (he had to figure out the riddle to find the next clue). He managed to do so with more ease than I had hoped, but we all had fun!
SURPRISE!

He was happy (despite finding out his team
in the Busega league lost that day)

Sibiri's artwork

The cake was a fiasco but we managed to
get it there hand carried on the back of a
boda CAREFULLY

Lighting the required fireworks!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DOUGLASS!  

No comments:

Post a Comment