Monday, September 24, 2012

TRYING TO PLAY

Abe in the morning light
OK..here in Washington DC. Trying to relax and play a bit before heading out. I remember being here in grade school but we saw only a few things compared to the vast amount of museums and monuments to explore!

NOT the leaning tower FYI

We, my good friend Sharon from North Carolina and I, managed the following in the last few days: A White House Tour, a tour of the National Shrine, Driving tour of the Cathedral, China Town, Natural History Museum, Museum of the American Indian, a pedi cab tour of downtown (highly recommended as these guys are very entertaining!), a Kennedy Center play (Sheer Madness...very funny). I was able to visit with my cousin Mary Lynn who is like a sister to me. 

I did a running tour of most of the monuments yesterday AM which helped burn off excess anxiety about leaving. I found myself snapping pictures of the inspiring words of our forefathers and leaders. We are so blessed to live in this country and I have no doubt my life is meant to transfer this gift to others.

We must all remember this

(We were given an education on how to take pictures while at CMMB....I seemed to have already forgotten the rules)

FDR Monument
FDR Monument 



FDR Momument


FDR Monument

Eleanor Roosevelt
The Jefferson Monument



The Korean War Memorial
Feeding T-Rex!
I think I found my Ancestor!
American Indian Museum 



 One more day of play before heading back to Newark Tuesday. I get to spend some time with the Hayden Family before leaving Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment