Wednesday, September 26, 2012

THE HAYDEN FAMILY


There are people that stand out in our lives, people that are always willing to help, always offering support, always ready to give from the heart. These people are placed here by God to give us inspiration and act as role models for all of us who forget just how lucky we really are!

Liz (back) then L to R: Anna, Chris and Matthew

         The Hayden Family is just such a family. I am honored and humbled to know them!


Making homemade apple pie and/or goofing around
The Hayden Family has been a Godsend in the logistical execution of this trip. They acted as a central  shipping center for all the supplies and donated items for the MOP. They picked me up from the Newark airport, drove me to orientation, watched my bags, picked me up again after my DC trip, fed/housed/entertained me overnight and then lugged me, my (4) 50# bags of supplies, my carry on and computer back to the Newark airport to leave last night.


Matthew and Anna made sure I slept well that night by putting me through the paces: They crushed me in a game of HORSE, made me "dodge" in an intense Dodge Ball game; get whooped in a game of "Bootsie" (similar to bloody knuckles but with a ball), participate in a paper airplane competition, took me on a 2 mile hike through the woods jumping off rocks, sliding down dirt piles and chasing Scout the family dog. They topped it off with an arm wrestling contest (guys...my R arm is STILL sore!!) All of this before dinner and after homework!


Jonathan: the Hayden's sponsored child

Chris (Physical Therapist) and Liz (Audiologist) own and run a successful rehab clinic called North Jersey Pro Rehab. Chris is well known in the area for his compassionate and skilled care. He has never had to advertise for this reason. Chris is a very humble man and incredibly generous with his own employees and to the community.  I highly recommend him if anyone needs rehab! 


Both Anna and Matthew have taken on the compassionate qualities of their parents. They are excited that I might be able to take a gift of a soccer ball to their sponsored child/brother Jonathan who happens to live in Kamapala. Matthew even placed one of his toys on my bag to take to the kids in Uganda. He bugged me until he was sure I packed it and would not forget to take it. Anna and Matthew...you inspire me!



THANK YOU HAYDEN FAMILY! 

No comments:

Post a Comment