Sunday, September 9, 2012

A BLESSING CEREMONY

Marty, my older brother, arranged to have a blessing done at Holy Angels Catholic Church (in Bainbridge, Ohio)  Monday, Labor Day, 9/2/12 as a surprise. Despite being a last minute plan, many of my Family and Family friends were there to show loving support. The beautiful songs and the Homily were about using our God given gifts in service to the World.....I was in tears from the beginning. Father Dan's words are a work of art and I only wish I had a copy of his Homily to post!

My dear Co-worker John Clark has always said "It is a privilege and an Honor to serve others"
This is a profound statement which I hold dear, firmly believe and will never forget.

It was powerful beyond measure to stand in the front of the Church while Father Dan Schlegel SUNG a commissioning song. I felt it was a song for all of us there, not just me. I had more hugs from people I didn't know than I have ever had. I felt incredibly supported. Thank You Holy Angels!

Marty also presented me with his Jerusalem Cross which travelled with him on his year long volunteer work in Alaska. The cross also travelled with both of his boys (Alex and Nikko) on their overseas adventures. It will be a close to the heart reminder of Home.

I was also blessed with a surprise at my childhood parish of St Rita Catholic Church in Solon, Ohio Friday 9/7/12. My Mother is a part of the Prayer Quilt Ministry along with Lynn Gedeon. Unbeknownst to me, a Prayer Quilt was made for my trip to Uganda. The quilts are blessed every friday at Mass. People then tie knots on the quilts to symbolize their prayers for the person.

My Prayer Quilt
It was an amazing experience to see friends and neighbors from the past and receive prayers from all of them as well as blessings from
Father Burchell and Father Spicer. Thank You St Rita Parish!

I can walk forward with PEACE knowing I have been blessed beyond measure!



No comments:

Post a Comment