Saturday, August 31, 2013

THE ROOM IS DONE!

I could not have finished it without Hugh and Lucy! They are 2 volunteers from Spain who spent 2 weeks here at MOP volunteering. I was a bit selfish and grabbed them as soon as I could to help me prepare the rehab room for Fr Ho Lung's visit. I was nearly there but was still moving like molasses for what I thought was an unknown reason (Turns out I was getting sick yet again but did not know it).

Hugh and Lucy, THANK YOU!!!! 

Thanks to all the volunteers, to all the people who graciously donated, to all the people who prayed,
               the room is now DONE DONE DONE! Check out some of the "snaps"!

Hanging the curtains
 (you can see the new bolster swing on the R)

Trying to show off the colors of the curtains 

Matches the green in the mural perfectly!

One of the other delights was the first of the disabled boys coming in with Brother Ciprion to check on our work. Mirrors are absent here. Most of the boys are unfamiliar with their reflections and are usually intrigued by them as a result. We were able to witness both of these boys seeing themselves for the first time!


Bro Ciprion, Lucy and Serembe
excited to see his reflection for the first time!

He realized it was himself after a few moments
then broke out into laughter!

Kabuto had to be coaxed to look in the mirror as he was
afraid at first.

NOW IT IS TIME FOR THE GRAND OPENING OF THE QUEEN OF PEACE REHAB ROOM!


By the guidance of Mother Mary and the Grace of God, generous donors and lots of prayers,
the children who are the poorest of the poor, abandoned and disabled
will have the best rehab department in all of Kampala! 

The sculpture made from broken pieces of glass 

A view looking out of the private treatment room/office

The colors will stimulate their little brains

Nothing missing from this room 

Beauty, color and texture to bring out the autistic from their worlds

Accessibility everywhere

Even in the equipment which was specifically made for the disabled in mind 


Plenty of challenges to promote balance and mobility
(This is only ONE of 4 sensory swings that have been made)
I was told during meditation, when the idea first was given to me on the first weeks of my arrival...

" This will be a place of miracles in which people will know that my (Mother Mary's) love is with them  and they are not alone"

I know this to be the truth....there is no way this would have happened otherwise, as the conception of this idea did not come from me. There have been miracles throughout this process and I am sure more will certainly come! 

No comments:

Post a Comment