Wednesday, February 13, 2013

LIFE BRINGS MANY GIFTS

"God has given us Blessings and support to carry us through all of our trials. It is important to celebrate the Joys and Gifts we are given amidst the sadness."

We have the blessing of 2 volunteers with MOP for the next month. They are actually some of the first volunteers and associates with MOP and have visited this mission before as well as Kenya, Haiti and Jamaica!

WELCOME SISTER SUE AND FATHER DOC!
Regular Volunteers with all the MOP Missions!


Sister Sue is the one who interviewed me for Fr Henry and ultimately gave me the job. Her husband, Fr Doc is an Anglican priest who became involved with the mission a few years after Sr Sue had been volunteering.

They both lend incredible wisdom, field experience and a powerful group of supporters and donors to help out the Brothers all over the world. The timing of their visit was healing and synchronistic as they arrived 2 days after Michael was killed. Their support and compassionate counseling has helped me cope with the new loss without feeling so alone.

Both are in their 60's and have not missed a beat since their plane landed! This should give everyone inspiration in coming to a country such as this...they have already inspired me!

Father Doc is already teaching 3 classes a day including active and past church history, catechism review, theology discussion and more. He has already saved me with proper answers to theological questions that are thrown at me by the Brothers in my English class! (WHEW!) Sr Sue is tireless in helping me with the boys. She has jumped in and is now acting as the PT assistant, allowing me time to do administrative things to try and get the room done.

They have been here 1.5 weeks now and plan to stay for 2.5 more. Time is moving fast...I am so thankful to have them here.

No comments:

Post a Comment